This product is now called Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil. The ultimate 10W-30 for Honda and Yamaha motorcycles.AMSOIL Metric 10W30 Motorcycle Oil Package sizes include:
Single US Quart Bottles or Case of 12 Drums:
30 or 55 US Gallon Drum
If you are looking to convert your Honda, Yamaha or any other brand of motorcycle to 10W-30 synthetic oil, you have found the most cost-effective upgrade that money can buy. AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil reduces friction to combat wear, maintain cool operation and improve performance. Enhance your riding experience and preserve your investment with AMSOIL Motorcycle Oil from Oildepot.
We can offer AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil at great prices in Canada or the US. Request a wholesale price list using the contact form on your right.
Features and Benefits of AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil
- Reduces friction
- Combats wear
- Smoother shifting
- Wet-clutch compatible
- Steady protection during hot operating conditions, heavy loads and high RPM
- Over-built to last twice as long as regular motorcycle oil
- Contains additives to prevent internal rust during off-season
- Resists deposit formation
- Curbs oil usage
Synthetic Wear Control
AMSOIL’s elite synthetic 10W-30 motorcycle oil formula isn’t just “based on” or “derived from” the motorcycle oils used by the professional racers AMSOIL sponsors; it is the exact SAME formula. The powerful synthetic formula makes it just as beneficial on the boulevard as it on the racetrack. AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil lowers friction with a combination of 100% synthetic base oils and high-end wear-fighting additives. The result is reduced wear and steady operating temperatures, even in the face of high RPM and heavy loads. As you can see in the comparison graph below, AMSOIL provides great wear control versus Red Line, Maxima, Royal Purple, Lucas and other competitors.
Superior Clutch and Transmission Performance
This 10W-30 synthetic motorcycle oil’s low-friction design also provides tremendous wear control and performance benefits in your bike’s transmission. Our customers offer regular feedback about the silky, smooth shifting that this 10W-30 motorcycle oil delivers. The powerful anti-wear additive package prevents metal-to-metal-wear for longer gear life. Not only is this synthetic motorcycle oil 100% compatible with your transmission’s wet-clutch, it is actually beneficial! Despite the rumors and misconceptions, synthetic motorcycle oil does not cause clutch plates to glaze. In actuality, its automotive engine oil (synthetic or conventional) that contains friction modifiers which will cause clutch plate slippage. AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oil does not contain friction modifiers. This 10W-30 promotes cooler transmission operation and this can actually lengthen clutch plate life dramatically! We have written a comprehensive article on this subject. See Does Synthetic Motorcycle Oil Cause Wet-Clutch Problems?
Lowers Oil Consumption
Lesser oils tend to boil-off and or thin-out in the face of high engine temperatures and hard transmission use. AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil has exceptionally low volatility, so it does not boil-off or thin-out and blow by. In the chart below, see how AMSOIL 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil boasts industry-leading volatility resistance versus competitors’ oil such as Yamalube, Spectro, Klotz, and Honda.
Outstanding Off-Season Rust Resistance
Motorcycles often see long periods of storage and AMSOIL also considered this fact when designing this 10W-30 motorcycle oil. AMSOIL added a generous anti-corrosion package, so that engine and transmission internals are preserved during extended off-season periods. The chart below compares the “total base number” or “TBN” of several motorcycle oil brands. TBN measures an oil’s capacity to fight the corrosive effects of acids caused by combustion by-products. AMSOIL Metric 10W-30 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil’s TBN of over 11 makes it an industry leader.
Suitable Applications for AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil
- This 10W-30 synthetic motorcycle oil by AMSOIL is suitable for 4-stroke air-cooled or liquid-cooled motorcycle, ATV, Side-By-Side or UTV engines.
- Suitable for 2-stroke or 4-stroke transmissions requiring SAE 80 or API GL-1 gear oil. Suitable for wet-clutches.
- Recommended for motorcycle/ATV brands such as Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Arctic Cat, Can-Am, Polaris or other motorcycles where the suggested motorcycle engine oil is 10W-30.
- Meets or exceeds the following specifications: API SG, SL/CF; JASO MA/MA2; API GL-1; ISO-L-EMA2
- Not recommended for applications requiring and API GL-5 or GL-4 gear oil.
Mixing AMSOIL Metric 10W-30 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil with Other Brands
AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil is compatible with all other brands of conventional, semi-synthetic and synthetic motorcycle engine oil. While you can safely mix AMSOIL Synthetic Oil with other brands, this will reduce the drain interval and performance capabilities of AMSOIL oil.
The use of any aftermarket oil additives is definitely NOT recommended.
Service Life for AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil
- Capable of service life of up to twice the oil change interval as suggested by your owner’s manual or one full year (whichever comes first) in motorcycle engines and transmissions.
- When using any engine oil filter other than an AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter, change the oil filter at the manufacturer’s recommended service interval. AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters are designed with the capability of staying in service for the duration of the maximum drain interval of AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil.
- Off-road service: Change AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil at the motorcycle manufacturers’ suggested service intervals.
- Racing service or modified engines: extended oil drain service intervals are not recommended.
- When mixing other motorcycle oil brands with AMSOIL 10W-30, revert to the manufacturer’s recommended service interval.
AMSOIL Metric Synthetic 10W-30 Motorcycle Oil (MCT)
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)||
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)||
|Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)||
|Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)||
|Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)||
|Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)||
|Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800)||
|Four Ball Wear Test
(ASTM D-4172: 40 kgf, 150°C, 1800 rpm, 1 hr), Scar, mm
|Total Base Number||
(ASTM D-4683 @ 150ºC, 1.0 x 106 s-1), cP