Suitable for many car and truck brands!AMSOIL Power Steering Fluid package sizes include:
16-oz. Bottle (or buy case or 12)
A Performance Upgrade for Most Any Power Steering System
While many understand the benefits of synthetic oil in engines and transmissions, the benefits of employing a synthetic lubricant in power steering systems is often overlooked. AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid delivers a noticeable performance improvement and longer component life.
Features and Benefits of AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid
- Smoother, quieter steering performance
- Immediate cold weather protection
- Cooler operation in hot weather
- Maximizes efficiency
- Improved wear control
- Long term seal conditioning for reduced leaks
- Contributes to overall vehicle efficiency
- An inexpensive, cost-effective performance upgrade
Smooth Steering and Quiet Operation
AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid uses advanced, 100% synthetic base oil along with a robust additive package which offers less friction and smoother operation. The result is optimized steering and less noise from the power steering pump.
Instant Cold Weather Protection
With a cold-pour-point of -51°C (-60°F), AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid provides immediate lubrication to vital steering system components at start-up. Steering pump noise from slow oil movement is drastically reduced. Cold weather performance is not compromised and neither is winter steering safety. Conventional power steering oils can solidify in cold weather and the resulting pressure can rupture steering oil lines. This risk is all but eliminated with synthetic AMSOIL Steering Fluid.
The drag created by a vehicle’s power steering pump reduces fuel economy by one mile per gallon. Switching to this friction-fighting synthetic power steering fluid might not create a massive reduction in your fuel bill, but every bit counts and it can certainly play a role in any effort to optimize fuel efficiency.
Stable Operating Temperatures in Summer
In hot weather, the friction-reducing properties of AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid actually reduces steering system operating temperatures over conventional steering oils. This results in longer component life, stabilized operating conditions and the prevention of deposits. Conventional fluids can degrade when exposed to high operating temperatures, creating deposits that can hinder performance and reduce reliability.
Improved Wear Control and Longer Seal Life
Less friction and heat-build-up means an easier and longer life for steering system components. AMSOIL’s synthetic steering keeps seals supple and protected from drying and cracking, reducing the risk of power steering fluid leaks.
Suitable Applications For AMSOIL Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Power Steering Fluid
AMSOIL Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Power Steering Fluid meets or exceeds the worldwide specifications listed below. Please see our Vehicle Look-up Tool for more information pertaining to your specific application.
- Ford M2C138-CJ; ESW-M2C128-C&D; M2C195-A;
- VW/Audi TL-52146; G002000; G 004 000 M2; G 004 000
M7; G 004 000 M8
- GM/Saginaw PSF 9985010; 9985835; 89021184
- Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep MS-1872; MS-5931; MS-11655; MS-9602
- Hyundai/Kia PSF-3; PSF-4; PSF 00232-19017
- Navistar TMS 6810
- Mercedes Benz 236.3; 345.0; 001 989 24 03 10; 001 989
24 03 12; Q 1 32 0001
- Mitsubishi Diamond SP III & PS Fluid
- Navistar TMS 6810
- Saab 93160548; (45) 30 09 800; 30 32 380
- Subaru K0209A0080
- Porsche 000 043 206 56
- Toyota PSF Type EH; P/N 008886-01
- BMW 82 11 0 148 132; 83 29 0 429 576; 81 22 1 468 879;
82 11 1 468 041
- Nissan PSF-II
- Volvo 1161529; 30741424
- American Motor Corporation C4124
How to Change Power Steering Fluid
In many vehicles, it is difficult to completely empty the power steering system of old fluid. While new fluid may be added to the reservoir, old fluid will remain in the steering lines. The process below will distribute new fluid throughout the system.
- With the engine turned off, use a pump such as the G2576 Fluid Extraction Pump (shown below) to withdraw the old power steering fluid from the reservoir.
- Pour new AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid into the reservoir.
- Start vehicle and turn steering wheel from side to side several times to distribute new oil throughout the system.
- Remove fluid from reservoir and add new fluid again.
- Start engine and repeat moving the steering wheel several times to circulate steering fluid.
- Repeat until you are confident that most of the old fluid has been replaced.
While removing partially new fluid from the reservoir may seem wasteful, this procedure flushes the system and ensures that the old fluid has been replaced. Check your owners manual for power steering system capacity and make sure to have extra power steering fluid on hand for the flushing process.
Fluid Extraction Pump- Product Code: “G2576-EA” (also sold here)
Service Life of AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid
Change AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid at the interval as prescribed by your owners’ manual.
AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid (PSF)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)
Brookfield Viscosity @-40°C, cP (ASTM D-2983)
Flash Point, 150°C Min., °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
|Pour Point, °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)|
|Four-Ball Wear Test @ 40kg, 75°C,1200 rpm,1 hr, Scar, mm (ASTM D-4172)|
|Foam Tendency (ASTM D-892)|
0/0, 10/0, 0/0