AMSOIL’s Synthetic Gear Lube line-up offers unparalleled protection, maximum efficiency and extended service capabilities under even the most severe operating conditions. Oil Depot carries AMSOIL gear lube products for all automotive, trucking and racing applications. As differentials and gear boxes are rarely serviced, only the best lubricants should be considered. These AMSOIL products most certainly fit the bill.
AMSOIL Severe Gear
AMSOIL’s flagship synthetic gear lube for automotive, 4X4, towing & off-road, Severe Gear offers incredible performance in extreme heat, cold and heavy loads. Dependable film strength, cooler operation and improved efficiency are but a few of the benefits.
AMSOIL Severe Gear Racing Gear Lube
A synthetic gear lube for extreme off-road and racing applications requiring a heavy viscosity lubricant, AMSOIL Severe Gear racing gear lube provides reduced drag, extreme shock-load protection and cooler operation.
Long Life Synthetic Gear Lubes
High-quality AMSOIL synthetic gear lubes at a value price, Long Life offers great protection and performance for automotive and trucking applications. Its robust formulations dramatically outperform conventional lubricants.
Offering synthetic protection and performance for outboard lower units, stern drives, V-drives, bow and tunnel thrusters, and marine transmissions, AMSOIL’s universal synthetic marine gear lube retains film strength and anti-foaming properties even with 10% water contamination. It is also excellent for use in ATV & UTV differentials that may be exposed to water.
This high quality friction modifier formula for limited-slip, posit action and locking differentials eliminates gear chatter in all automotive/light-truck applications. AMSOIL slip lock differential additive is a high quality replacement for all OEM brands.
This AMSOIL hand pump fits all AMSOIL quart, gallon and 9.45 litre jugs for easy and clean installation of gear lubes and transmission fluids; an absolute blessing for tight or hard-to-reach areas. AMSOIL hand pumps are inexpensive and indispensable.
Oil Depot Differential Recommendations:
- Completely drain or flush out the old differential fluid.
- The axle housing and ring gear size will determine the capacity of differential fluid required.
- To eliminate over-heating problems avoid over-filling or under-filling the differential, which can be a capacity difference of up to a quart or more. For proper fill level, always refer to the owner’s manual.
- Although AMSOIL differential gear oil includes friction modifiers specifically for limited slip differential applications, Oil Depot recommends adding a Slip Lock Differential additive (or an equivalent OEM product) to minimize or eliminate gear chatter.
- Once the new AMSOIL differential fluid has been added, we recommend driving your vehicle in a half dozen or more figure 8 turns so that the new AMSOIL gear oil can completely work its way into the axle assembly.