The Most Cost-Effective Upgrade for your Harley-Davidson Knucklehead, Panhead or Shovelhead.
AMSOIL SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil Package sizes include:
Single One Quart Bottle (or Buy case of 12)
Features and Benefits of AMSOIL V-Twin Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil
- Hot temperature protection
- Steady viscosity protection
- Unparalleled engine and transmission wear control
- Can be used in engine and transmission
- Capable of long service intervals
- Reduces oil consumption
- Lowers friction for improved performance and shifting
- Extends clutch life
- Outstanding anti-rust protection during off-season
Synthetic Wear Protection
AMSOIL V-Twin SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil’s synthetic formula is loaded with anti-wear features designed to protect hot-running engines and transmissions. This synthetic SAE 60 will not thin or break down in extreme heat, so your investment is protected all season long. In the charts below, see how AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil compares versus Harley-Davidson HD-360 SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil. AMSOIL provides better wear protection in the 4-Ball Wear test (first chart) and it also resists shearing under hot temperature testing in the High Temperature/High Shear test (second chart).
Steady Heat Resistance
The biggest issue with big bore, air-cooled motorcycle engines is heat. Idling and slow cruising on hot days and can really generate heat. AMSOIL V-Twin Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil’s low friction formula keeps temperatures at bay. The synthetic formula will not shear down or boil off, so you get reliable engine and transmission performance and protection on the hottest days imaginable and oil consumption is greatly reduced.
No-Compromise Protection for Harley Transmissions
You can confidently use AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil in the transmission as well as the engine. Powerful anti-wear additives protects gears and bearings. This oil is a no-compromise replacement for SAE 140 gear lube. AMSOIL SAE 60 is 100% wet-clutch compatible. The myth that synthetic oil causes motorcycle clutch slippage stems from people mistakenly using automotive motor oil in their bikes. Car engine oil contains friction modifiers which causes clutch plate glazing. The cooler operation provides by this SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil can actually extend clutch plate life. We have written extensively on this subject. Check out Does Synthetic Motorcycle Oil Cause Wet Clutch Problems?
Storage Corrosion Protection
The world-class protection offered by AMSOIL V-Twin Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil doesn’t stop when you park your bike in the fall. AMSOIL SAE 60 contains special additives that provide unparalleled anti-rust and corrosion defense so that engine and transmission internals are protected during long storage periods.
AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil Applications
- Recommended for Harley Davidson Panhead, Knucklehead or Shovelhead engines or other motorcycles where the suggested motorcycle engine oil is SAE 60.
- Suitable for transmissions requiring SAE 140 or API GL-1 gear oil.
- Meets or exceeds the following specifications: API SG, SL/CF; JASO MA/MA2; API GL-1; ISO-L-EMA2.
- Not recommended for applications requiring GL-5 or API GL-4 gear oil.
Mixing AMSOIL SAE 60 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil with Other Brands
AMSOIL V-Twin SAE 60 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil is compatible with all other brands of synthetic, semi-synthetic and conventional motorcycle oils. While you can safely mix AMSOIL Synthetic Oil with other brands, this will reduce the drain interval and performance capabilities of AMSOIL oil.
The use of any aftermarket oil additives is definitely NOT recommended.
Service Life for AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil
- Capable of service life of up to twice the oil change interval as suggested by your owner’s manual or one full year (whichever comes first) in motorcycle engines and transmissions.
- For “Big-Twin” Harley transmissions, follow the manufacturer’s recommended service interval for synthetic oil, which can be up to 20,000 miles or 12 months.
- When using any engine oil filter other than an AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter, change the oil filter at the manufacturer’s recommended service interval. AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters are designed with the capability of staying in service for the duration of the maximum drain interval of AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil.
- Off-road service: change AMSOIL Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil at the motorcycle manufacturers’ suggested service intervals.
- Extended oil drain service intervals are not recommended in racing applications or modified motorcycle engines.
- When mixing other motorcycle oil brands with AMSOIL, revert to the manufacturer’s recommended service interval.
V-Twin Synthetic SAE 60 Motorcycle Oil (MCS)
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)||23.4|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)||190.2|
|Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)||151|
|Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)||-34 (-29)|
|Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)||242 (468)|
|Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800)||3.60|
|Four Ball Wear Test (ASTM D-4172 @ 40 kgf, 150°C, 1800 rpm, 1 hour), Scar in mm||0.40|
|High-Temperature/High-Shear Viscosity (ASTM D-5481 @ 150°C, 1.0 X 106 s-1), cP||7.08|