An upgrade for all Victory motorcycles and post-2013 Indian Motorcycles. This 100% synthetic oil improves performance and protection in motorcycle engines and transmissions. A cost-effective way to protect your pride and joy!
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil Package Sizes:
- Single US Quart Bottles
- Case of 12 US Quart Bottles
We can sell AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil at the lowest prices in Canada or the US. Request a wholesale price list using the contact form on this page.
Air-cooled V-Twin motorcycle engines are notorious for hot operating temperatures. AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil lowers engine friction to actually reduce operating temperatures. The shear stable formula maintains its viscosity for consistent engine and gear protection, regardless of how hot things get.
AMSOIL 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil Applications
This 20W-40 synthetic motorcycle oil by AMSOIL is suitable for 4-stroke air-cooled or liquid-cooled motorcycle engines.
- Recommended for motorcycle brands such as Victory motorcycles, post-2013 Indian models or other motorcycles where the suggested viscosity is 20W-40.
- Meets or exceeds the following specifications: API SM, JASO MA; API GL-1
- Not recommended for applications requiring GL-5 or API GL-4 gear oil.
- Suitable for motorcycles equipped with catalytic converters.
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil is an ideal replacement for the following competing oil brands:
- Indian Motorcycle 20W-40 Semi-Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
- Victory 20W-40 Semi-Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
- Shell Advance AX5 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil
- Shell Advance AX3 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil
- Spectro Golden Semi-Synthetic 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil
- Spectro 4 20W-40 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
- Total Hi-Perf 4T MCO 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil
Exceptional Gear and Clutch Protection
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil provides a tenacious film of lubrication between gears for steadfast wear control and improved shifting performance. The synthetic formula resists shearing and maintains its viscosity over long service intervals. This 20W-40 is 100% wet-clutch compatible. The cooler operation actually prolongs clutch plate life.
Provides Off-Season Protection
AMSOIL 20W-40’s protective abilities don’t stop once you have put your baby away for the winter. AMSOIL has included powerful anti-rust and corrosion additives to this oil. Internal engine and transmission parts will remain pristine after long periods of inactivity.
Reduces Oil Consumption
The advanced formulation of AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil is highly resistant to high temperature shear-down and boil-off. The result is a drastic reduction in oil usage compared to other motorcycle oils.
Can You Mix AMSOIL 20W-40 With Other Motorcycle Oils?
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil is compatible with all other brands of synthetic, semi-synthetic and petroleum motorcycle oils. While you can safely mix AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oil with other brands, this will reduce the drain interval and performance capabilities of AMSOIL oil.
The use of any aftermarket oil additives is definitely not recommended.
Service Life for AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil
- Capable of service life of up to twice the oil change interval as suggested by your owner’s manual or one full year (whichever comes first) in motorcycle engines and transmissions.
- When using any engine oil filter other than an AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter, change the oil filter at the manufacturer’s recommended service interval. AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters are designed with the capability of staying in service for the duration of the maximum drain interval of AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil.
- Off-road service: change AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 Motorcycle Oil at the motorcycle manufacturers’ suggested service intervals.
- Extended oil drain service intervals are not recommended in racing applications or modified motorcycle engines.
- When mixing other motorcycle oil brands with AMSOIL, revert to the manufacturer’s recommended service interval.
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-40 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil (MVI)
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)||14.0|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)||105|
|Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)||135|
|Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800)||2.7|
|Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)||-41 (-42)|
|Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)||232 (450)|
|Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)||258 (496)|
|High Temperature/High Shear Viscosity @ 150°C , 1.0 x 106 s-1), cP (ASTM D5481)||4.2|
|Four Ball Wear Test (ASTM D4172 @ 40 kgf, 150°C, 1800 rpm, 1 hour), Scar, mm||0.41|
|Foam (ASTM D892, Sequence I, II & III)||0/0/0|
|Total Base Number||11.6|