Now Available For Sale In Canada!
Designed in direct partnership with Briggs & Stratton. Recommended for Briggs Animal and Raptor engines as well as other 4-stroke racing engines. Ideal for qualifying, racing and break-in!Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil package sizes include: 1-Quart Bottle 1-Quart Bottles (Case of 12)
Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is a potent engine oil that can be used in any stock or modified 4-stroke engine used for racing or high output operation. This includes Briggs Animal racing engines or the older Briggs Raptor engines. Four-stroke racing engines are extremely hostile to engine oils due to severe heat, high RPM, and foaming. During the development of this product, AMSOIL put this oil through a long series of grueling tests to make sure that it could easily withstand these issues. The result is an engine oil you can depend on for steadfast protection and maximum performance.
For pricing, contact us using the form on this page. Please add “Briggs 4T” in the comments section.
Features and Benefits of Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil
- Developed with Briggs and Stratton
- Lowers operating temperatures
- Lowers friction to maximize horsepower equal to specialized “qualifying” engine oils
- Provides robust anti-wear protection
- Fights foaming
- Resists deposits and varnish
- Maintains steady viscosity
- Low volatility for resistance to oil usage
- Contains anti-rust additives for stored engines
- Also recommended for break-in of new or re-built engines
Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is built a around a sophisticated synthetic base oil and is loaded with friction reducing additives so that your engine revs freely and produces its utmost horsepower and torque. This oil provides the power output of qualifying-type engine oils while delivering the best possible wear control.
Decreases Operating Temperatures
This Briggs racing engine oil reduces friction to resist heat generation, while the thermally stable synthetic formula resists viscosity breakdown and varnish build-up. Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is the solution for hot-running air-cooled race engines.
Fights Foam in Splash-Lubricated Racing Engines
In splash-lubricated engines (such as Briggs Animal engines), oil is essentially tossed to vital engine components, rather than pumped. As the engine oil is flung-about violently in the engine, air bubbles can start to form and this is known as oil “foaming”. While this may sound harmless enough, foaming is actually a major risk factor in splash-lubed engines. The reason being is that when these tiny foam bubbles work their way into tight tolerances and are forced to burst, that spot is suddenly bare and without lubrication. Metal-to-metal contact occurs and accelerated engine wear is the result.
When AMSOIL and Briggs & Stratton collaborated on this engine oil, resistance to foaming had to be near the top of the list. Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is loaded with foam-fighting additives to further support this oil’s wear-fighting qualities.
Racing kart engines see long periods of storage and plenty of downtime. Long periods of inactivity can promote internal rust formation. AMSOIL and Briggs considered this issue when designing this engine oil. Strong anti-rust ingredients were added to the formula to protect internal engine components from corrosion.
Applications for Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil
Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is suitable for any stock or modified air-cooled, 4-stroke small engine fueled by gasoline or alcohol and used in high performance or racing applications. This oil is suitable for single cylinder or v-twin engines that utilize splash or pressure lubrication.
Ideal for these Briggs & Stratton racing engines.
- World Formula
- Junior 206
- Model 19
Ideal for the following racing disciplines:
- Kart racing
- Junior drag racing
- Junior sprint
- Quarter midget
- Short course trophy
- Lawn mower racing
Mixing Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil with Polyalkylene Glycol (PAG) Engine Oils
- AMSOIL Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is not compatible with polyalkylene glycol engine oil. When switching over to AMSOIL/ Briggs 4T Synthetic Racing Oil, drain the PAG engine oil, re-fill with 4T Racing Oil and idle the engine for a 4 minutes. Drain engine oil and re-fill with new 4T Racing Oil.
- Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is compatible with all other brands of conventional, semi-synthetic and synthetic four-stroke engine oils. While you can safely mix AMSOIL 4T Synthetic Racing Oil with other brands, this will reduce the drain interval and performance capabilities of this product.
- The use of any aftermarket oil additives is definitely NOT recommended.
Service Life of Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil
Briggs/AMSOIL Synthetic 4T Racing Oil should be changed at the interval as prescribed by the engine manufacturer or custom engine builder.
Briggs & Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil (GBS2960)
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)|
|Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)|
|Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)|
|Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)|
|Fire Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)|
|Four Ball Wear Test|
(ASTM D-4172B: 40 kg, 75°C, 1200 rpm, 1 hour), Scar, mm
|Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800)|
|High Temperature/High Shear @ 150°C and 1.0 X 106 s-1, cP (ASTM D 4683), cP|