Every one in a while, a customer sends along pictures of their vehicle that stops us in our tracks. Seeing pictures of Tim’s two show-stopping collector cars was definitely one of those times. Tim has a 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Two-Door Coupe and a 1948 Chevrolet Stylemaster 4-door Sport Sedan that is fashioned as a North Carolina Sheriff Car. For now, we’ll profile the Cutlass and showcase the Sheriff car in the coming days.
Tim purchased this Cutlass five years ago and is just the third owner. The previous owner had spent a decade restoring the car and as you’ll see below, the results are quite spectacular. Not only does this Cutlass turn heads, with an estimated 400 horsepower, it also gets up and goes. For Tim and his wife, cruising in their Cutlass is a favorite pastime. It is smooth, comfortable and has an unbelievable exhaust note. Tim uses AMSOIL Z-Rod 10W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil in the 350 Rocket engine.
Highlights For Tim’s 1968 Olds Cutlass Supreme Coupe
- 350 Rocket Engine, Bored 30-over – 355cu. in.
- 650 Edelbrock 4BBL Carb
- 468 Lift High Performance Cam
- Flow Tech Headers
- Turbo 350 Transmission – 3000 Stall Converter
- 12 Bolt GM Positraction Differential
- 3.08 Rear End
- Custom Aluminum Racing Driveshaft
- B&M Floor Shifter
- American Racing Torque Thrust II Mag Wheels
- HEI Distributor
- Northern Aluminum Radiator With Built-in Transmission Cooler
- Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Interior Redone Except For Door Panels (original)