When you and your chainsaw have work to do, you want to hear lots of noise and see sawdust fly. The last thing you want is a chainsaw that is running poorly or not starting at all. We have three cost-effective product suggestions that can not only make your saw more reliable, it can dramatically improve its performance and output. After using this trio of products in your saw, we predict that they will be part of your regimen for good.
Most all engines see some sort of performance improvement from synthetic oil, but the improvements observed in two-cycle engines are the most evident. The following benefits can be expected:
- Lower friction
- Better throttle response
- Improved wear protection
- Less exhaust smoke
- Cleaner engine internals
- Consistent performance in extreme hot or cold weather
- Contains gas stabilizer for an extra measure of reliability
AMSOIL Saber Pro Premix is a commercial-grade 2-cycle oil that delivers top-notch performance and protection, so your chainsaws perform at their best everyday (and last longer too).
This 100% synthetic premix can safely be mixed at ratios from 60:1 to 75:1 for commercial use and pushed to the limit all day long. You can use one mix of Saber Pro in your entire two-stroke fleet with outstanding results. This has been proven in engines with OEM mix ratios from 16:1 to 100:1. With Saber Pro, there is no need to keep multiple two-stroke fuel batches around.
Bar and chain oils from many brands tend to be cheap and this is often reflected in their performance. As with all AMSOIL products, this oil was not an afterthought, but a sophisticated lubricant that is designed to improve operation. The tacky semi-syn chain oil is loaded with anti-wear and friction reducing additives to improve cutting performance and reduce chain wear. The synthetic component allows it to perform consistently in extreme heat or in bitter cold.
A critical aspect of small engine performance is the fuel system. If the fuel system is not healthy, starting is an exercise in frustration and engine performance is compromised. Just a tiny dose of AMSOIL Quickshot promotes reliable starting and optimum power delivery on several fronts.
- Quickshot cleans gum, carbon and deposits from carbs, combustion chambers and spark plugs.
- Any moisture that may end up in the fuel mix is dispersed and allowed to pass though the engine without no drop in performance.
- It dissolves any dirt that may be in the fuel.
- Ethanol in the gasoline tends to mix with moisture and create a lean condition. Quickshot also sends this mix though the engine without harm.
- Quickshot also provides in-season gas stabilization, so the fuel stays fresh for reliable starting and gum-free performance.
Use non-ethanol, premium gasoline in all two-stroke gas mixtures. Regular and mid-grade gasoline contains ethanol and it is no friend of any small engine. As mentioned, it tends to absorb moisture and this can create a dangerously lean situation. Many chainsaws call for premium gas anyway, so just make sure that no ethanol is present in the fuel and eliminate that hazard.