This popular synthetic motorcycle oil by AMSOIL offers a high tech additive package that provides industry-leading performance in hot-running Harley-Davidson and BMW motorcycle engines, transmissions and primary chaincases. Benefits include cooler operation, stable viscosity protection, lower friction and wear, reduced oil consumption, extended drain capabilities, gear and wet-clutch protection and unsurpassed off-season rust protection. This is most cost-effective upgrade for your motorcycle!AMSOIL 20W-50 Oil Package sizes include:
Single One Quart Bottle
Case of 12 One quart bottles
Single One Gallon Bottle
Case of 4 One Gallon Bottles
30 Gallon Drum
55 Gallon Drum
Oildepot can offer AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil at the best possible price in Canada or the USA. Request an AMSOIL price list using the contact form on this page.
About AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil (product code: MCV) is an elite synthetic oil designed to improve performance and protection in motorcycle engines, transmissions and primary chaincases. AMSOIL MCV 20W-50 motorcycle oil provides the following benefits:
- Cooler operation,
- Stable viscosity protection
- Lower friction and wear
- Smoother shifting
- Reduced oil consumption
- Extended drain capable
- Gear and wet-clutch protection
- Unsurpassed off-season rust protection
Runs Cooler, Reduces Friction and Fights Wear
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil’s high-tech base oil and generous additive package lowers friction resulting in cooler operation and exceptional shifting. When the going does get hot, AMSOIL MCV 20W-50 can withstand heavy loads and extreme heat. The result is supreme wear control, stable viscosity, exceptional deposit resistance and low volatility.
Bulletproof Wear Control for Gears and Chains
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil is designed for “no-compromise” wear protection in transmissions and primary chaincase making this a convenient solution for all three holes. AMSOIL MCV reduces friction in the transmission resulting in the smoothest possible shifting performance.
There is no advantage to using a specialized gear lube in gearboxes and chaincases over AMSOIL MCV 20W-50. This oil is “shear stable” and will not thin out from the thrashing doled out by gears and chains. See how AMSOIL MCV motorcycle oil scored a perfect zero rating in the FZG gear test in the images below.
Delivers Superior Rust & Corrosion Protection
In most parts of Canada and the USA, motorcycles spend long periods in storage. As such, they are prone to internal rust and this can lead to bearing and seal damage and even compression loss. Not all motorcycle oils provide rust protection. AMSOIL MCV synthetic motorcycle oil borrows anti-rust technology from their Marine Engine Oils to protect your ride during the off-season. See how AMSOIL MCV 20W-50 passes the ASTM D-1748 Humidity Cabinet Rust Test in the images below.
Wet-Clutches: Is AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 Suitable?
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil contains no friction modifiers and is therefore 100% wet-clutch compatible. In fact, the cooler operation and acid resistant formula actually promotes longer clutch plate life versus conventional motorcycle oils. Synthetic motorcycle oils by AMSOIL are proven wet-clutch performers.
AMSOIL 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil Applications
- This 20W-50 synthetic motorcycle oil by AMSOIL is suitable for 4-stroke air-cooled or liquid-cooled motorcycle engines.
- Suitable for transmissions or primary chaincases requiring SAE 90 or API GL-1 gear oil.
- Recommended for motorcycle brands such as Harley Davidson, KTM, Ducati, BMW, Buell, Husqvarna, Aprilia, Triumph or other motorcycles where the suggested motorcycle engine oil is 10W-50, 10W-60, 15W-50 or 20W-50.
- Meets or exceeds the following specifications: API SG, SL, CF, CG-4; ISO-L-EMA2; JASO MA/MA2
- Not recommended for applications requiring GL-5 or API GL-4 gear oil.
AMSOIL Oil Mixing
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil is compatible with all other brands of synthetic motor oils and conventional oils. While you can safely mix AMSOIL Synthetic Oil with other brands, this will reduce the drain interval and performance capabilities of AMSOIL oil.
The use of any aftermarket oil additives is definitely not recommended.
Service Life for AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil
- Capable of service life of up to twice the oil change interval as suggested by your owner’s manual or one full year (whichever comes first) in motorcycle engines, transmissions or primary chaincases.
- For “Big-Twin” Harley transmissions, follow the manufacturer’s recommended service interval for synthetic oil, which can be up to 20,000 miles or 12 months.
- When using any engine oil filter other than an AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter, change the oil filter at the manufacturer’s recommended service interval. AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters are designed with the capability of staying in service for the duration of the maximum drain interval of AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil.
- Off-road service: change AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil at the motorcycle manufacturers’ suggested service intervals.
- Extended oil drain service intervals are not recommended in racing applications or modified motorcycle engines.
- When mixing other motorcycle oil brands with AMSOIL, revert to the manufacturer’s recommended service interval.
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil (MCV)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)
Pour Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)
Flash Point °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
High Temperature/High Shear Viscosity @ 150°C , 1.0 x 106 s-1 (ASTM D 4683), cP
Four Ball Wear Test (ASTM D-4172 @ 40 kgf, 150°C, 1800 rpm, 1 hour), Scar in mm
FZG (ASTM D-5182), Load Stage Pass (Wear in mm)
12+ (0 mm)
Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800)
Foam (ASTM D-892, Sequence I, II & III)
Rust Test – Humidity Cabinet (ASTM D-1748)
No Rust, Pass
Total Base Number