Which Motor Oil For Generac LP And Natural Gas Generators?
A reader asks: Our company has several Generac generators that run on liquid propane and natural gas. These generators run in severe winter temperatures and summer heat. Do you have an engine oil that will be suitable for all-season use and is compatible with LP and natural gas fuels?
Our answer: Yes, we have the perfect motor oil for your LP/natural gas-powered Generac generators. AMSOIL 5W-30 Synthetic Small Engine Oil ticks every box. This product is a high-quality replacement (and a tremendous upgrade) for the conventional Generac SAE 30 Motor Oil.
What Makes A Good Motor Oil For Generac Generators?
Here are the features that make AMSOIL 5W-30 Synthetic Small Engine Oil the perfect oil for generator applications.
- Suitable for engines powered by LP, natural gas, gasoline or diesel fuels
- Delivers commercial-grade wear protection
- Pours down to -44°C (-47°F) for excellent winter start-up protection
- Robust synthetic chemistry withstands long days under load
- Resists oil consumption and deposit formation under extreme heat
- Contains anti-rust and corrosion ingredients for protection during periods of inactivity
Can Car Engine Oil Be Used In LP Or Natural Gas Generator Engines?
Automotive motor oils are not suitable for liquid propane or natural gas-powered generators. Car motor oil would tend to break down relatively quickly and be prone to oil consumption. Passenger car motor oils are simply not designed to work with LP or natural gas fuels.
To sum up, we can’t think of any reason as to why AMSOIL 5W-30 Synthetic Small Engine Oil would be anything but perfect for your generators.
We can sell AMSOIL 5W-30 Synthetic Small Engine Oil at wholesale prices in Canada and the United States. We ship from 13 warehouses with free shipping on qualified orders. Request a price list using the form on this page or call us at 1-800-748-5781.