A reader asks: We have two ZF 301 marine transmissions and the current transmission oil is getting very hot. We would like to try an AMSOIL synthetic oil for this application. What have you got there?
Our answer: According to our research, your transmissions call for a straight-grade SAE 30 engine oil meeting any of these common motor oil specifications.
- API CD/CE/CF-4/CF/CG-4/CH-4/CI-4
- API SF/SG/SH/SJ/SL
- ACEA A/B/E
We do offer one particular product that covers these specifications and qualifies as a “straight grade” SAE 30 motor oil. AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-30/SAE 30 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil is considered to be a straight-grade SAE 30. Here’s why this full synthetic SAE30 engine oil would be a great candidate for your ZF marine transmission.
- Shear stable, maintains viscosity
- Full synthetic formula reduces friction for cooler operation
- Low volatility, will not boil-off when exposed to extreme heat
- Resists deposit formation
- Provides powerful wear control
- Optimizes power transfer and efficiency
- Designed for long service life
- A true all-climate straight SAE 30 oil
Oildepot can offer AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-30/SAE 30 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil for ZF Marine transmission use for US or Canadian customers. Contact us using the form on this page or call us at 1-800-748-5781 for wholesale prices.