In this post, we will discuss the major changes for Ski-Doo’s 2021 snowmobile lineup. We will also list every ’21 Ski-Doo model and offer our oil recommendation for each.
2021 Ski-Doo Model Highlights
New Entry-Level 600 EFI 2-Stroke Engine
A brand-new entry-level Ski-Doo engine debuts for the 2021 season. This new electric-fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, 600cc twin-cylinder 2-stroke engine can be found in the “Sport” version of many models. It is a basic, “no-frills” engine with no variable-exhaust-power-valves and delivers 85 horsepower.
This engine replaces the previous carb 600 and 550 fan-cooled engines. All Ski-Doo engines are now fuel-injected.
Turbo Option For 850 E-TEC On Mountain Sleds
Ski-Doo debuts an industry-first for 2021. They are offering the first production two-stroke turbo-charger option for their mountain sleds. A turbo-charger is available for their 850 E-TEC engine in the Freeride and Summit lines.
This turbo is not designed to provide a horsepower boost at sea-level. The main motivation of the design is to eliminate power-loss at altitude. Once the engines sensors detect power-loss at altitude, the turbo compensates. This provides a massive advantage over naturally-aspirated engines.
Suspension Upgrade For MXZ And Renegade
Some MXZ and Renegade models receive upgraded front and rear suspension this season.
The new rear suspension is called rMotion X. The new geometry of this system provides improved handling, increased travel and more adjustability.
The front system is called RAS X. This new configuration offers longer “A” arms and a longer shock over the previous RAS system. The result is more precision and control in cornering and improved bump absorption.
REV Gen4 Platform Now On All Models
For 2021, the Skandic and Tundra models now ride on the REV Gen4 platform. All Ski-Doo models are now built on this chassis.
AMSOIL Synthetic Oils For 2021 Ski-Doo Snowmobile Models
AMSOIL Interceptor Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil
Interceptor is the ultimate Ski-Doo E-TEC injector oil. A tested and proven substitute for BRP 2T E-TEC Full-Synthetic Oil. Interceptor flows quickly in cold weather and protects from extreme heat. It keeps power-valves clean over long intervals. This oil provides the world-class performance and protection expected for E-TEC motors. Also suitable for the new 2021 E-TEC 850 Turbo engine. Interceptor meets the JASO FD specification required for Ski-Doo E-TEC motors.
AMSOIL now offers their own warranty for 2021 Ski-Doo engines using Interceptor.
AMSOIL Synthetic Injector Oil
An ideal oil for the new 600 EFI engine. Also perfect for the previous 550 fan-cooled engines. A 100%-synthetic substitute for BRP XPS 2T Carb Premium Mineral Oil. Offers low-smoke operation and clean engine internals. This Synthetic Injector Oil provides outstanding performance and protection at a great price.
AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke 0W-40 Synthetic Oil
An outstanding motor oil for Ski-Doo ACE 600 and 900 four-stroke engines (including turbos). It is an ideal replacement for Ski-Doo’s XPS 4T 0W-40 Synthetic Oil. This full-synthetic 0W-40 flows fast in arctic conditions. It also provides steady protection in extreme heat. A nice bonus is strong rust/corrosion protection of engine internals during the off-season.
2021 Ski-Doo Models With AMSOIL Synthetic Oil Recommendation
Here are all 2021 Ski-Doo snowmobiles along with the correct AMSOIL synthetic oil recommendation for each model and engine option.
- Freeride 850 E-TEC (146, 154, 165) 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- Freeride 850 E-TEC Turbo (154, 165) 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- Summit SP 600R E-TEC 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- Summit 850 E-TEC SP/X/X with Expert Package 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- Summit 850 E-TEC Turbo X/X with Expert Package 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- MX Z 600R E-TEC X/X-RS 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- MX Z 850 E-TEC X/X-RS 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- Expedition Sport 600 EFI 599cc l/c- Interceptor or Synthetic Injector Oil
- Expedition 600R E-TEC LE/SE/SWT 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- Expedition 600 ACE Sport 600cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Expedition X-Treme 850 E-TEC X/X-RS 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- Expedition 900 ACE LE/SE/SWT/Sport REV Gen 4 900 899cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Expedition 900 ACE Turbo LE/SE 899cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Grand Touring Limited 600R E-TEC 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- Grand Touring Sport 600 ACE 600cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Grand Touring Limited/Sport 900 ACE 899cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Grand Touring Limited 900 ACE Turbo 899cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Backcountry 600R E-TEC 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- Backcountry Sport 600 EFI 599cc l/c- Interceptor or Synthetic Injector Oil
- Backcountry 850 E-TEC X/X-RS (146/154) 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- MX Z Sport 600 EFI 599cc l/c- Interceptor or Synthetic Injector Oil
- MX Z TNT 600R E-TEC 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- MX Z TNT 850 E-TEC 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- Renegade Sport 600 ACE 600cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Renegade Sport 600 EFI 599cc l/c- Interceptor or Synthetic Injector Oil
- Renegade 600R E-TEC X/Enduro/Adrenaline 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- Renegade 850 E-TEC X/X-RS/Enduro/Adrenaline 849cc l/c- Interceptor
- Renegade 900 ACE Enduro/Adrenaline 899cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Renegade 900 ACE Turbo X/X-RS/Enduro/Adrenaline 899cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Skandic Sport 600 EFI 599cc l/c- Interceptor or Synthetic Injector Oil
- Skandic 600R E-TEC WT/SWT 599cc l/c- Interceptor
- Skandic 600 ACE WT 600cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Skandic 900 ACE WT/SWT 899cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
- Tundra LT/Sport 600 EFI 599cc l/c- Interceptor or Synthetic Injector Oil
- Tundra 600 ACE LT/Sport 600cc l/c- Formula 4-Stroke Power Sports 0W-40
Request a price list or submit questions using the form on this page or call us at 1-800-748-5781.