Ride of the Week: Steve’s Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Our Ride of the Week for June 8, 2012 is no off-road poseur. Steve S.’s 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited has indisputable off-road bona fides and he has added some notable mods that enhance its abilities even further.
As with most Jeep models, the Wrangler was designed from the ground-up with the great outdoors in mind. The 3.8L engine delivers stump-pulling torque, while still offering decent city and highway manners. Other notable features include hill start assist, electronic roll mitigation, electronic stability control, Tru-Lok front and rear axles and traction control.
Because of the Wrangler’s long-standing popularity and sturdy build, it has been recognized by Kelley Blue Book and Forbes for its exceptional ability to hold its resale value.
Steve has personalized his Jeep with several very cool modifications:
- Poison Spyder front bumper, skid plate & evaporator skid plate
- Warn M8000 winch
- Rigid Industries D2 Duallys LED off-road lights
- Vision X S4100 LED off-road lights
- Tuffy Security stereo cover, cubby cover & under seat drawer
- Alpine touch screen stereo, amps, sub & speakers
- Viair 400C on-board air compressor
- 2″ Olm Man Emu lift kit
- Rancho RS9000 shocks
- Daystar grab handles & mud mats
- AMSOIL BMK23 By-Pass oil filter system
- AMSOIL Signature Series 0w20 Synthetic Motor Oil
- AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W110 Synthetic Gear Lube in rear differential
- AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W90 Synthetic Gear Lube in front differential
- AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF in transmission & transfer case
Steve uses his Wrangler Unlimited as a daily driver and occasionally partakes in off-road adventures on local trails. Last summer he took his Jeep on a 4200 km journey down to Florida where he met up with some fellow Jeep enthusiasts. They did some beach driving at Daytona Beach and traveled all the way down to beautiful Key West. This summer he’s planning a trek down to Las Vegas along with a swing through Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. He’s sure to find more adventure down there. The moral of the story this week is that owning a Jeep like Steve’s is a lifestyle and not just a mode of transportation.Would you would like to submit an offering as our Ride of the Week? Just send us a photo and short blurb on any type of vehicle that you enjoy and that others may find interesting. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, etc. are applicable. Your full name and location will be omitted. Feel free contact us at “info-at-oildepot.ca”.